US Judge Rules Travel Ban Cannot Block Afghan Refugees’ Family Reunification
Khaama: A US federal judge has ruled that the Trump administration unlawfully applied its Afghan travel restrictions to the spouses and children of seven Afghan nationals who were granted asylum in the United States, a decision that could allow the affected families to move forward with reunification. Click here to read more (external link).
UK lawmakers say Afghan allies were put at risk by secrecy, policy failures
Amu: A British parliamentary committee has accused successive governments of leaving Afghan allies in danger through years of administrative failures, secrecy and flawed decision-making, saying hundreds of Afghans who worked alongside UK forces were wrongly denied relocation and forced to spend years in hiding under Taliban rule. In a report published Thursday, the House of Commons Defence Committee said 884 previously rejected resettlement applications from former members of Afghan specialist units known as the Triples were later overturned, describing the review as a “major corrective exercise” that came only after many applicants had exhausted their savings and viable routes to safety. Click here to read more (external link).
From Battlefield to Humanitarian Commitments: Sepahiyan-e-Mihan Front Publishes Its Military Code of Conduct
8am: The Sepahiyan-e-Mihan Front (Soldiers of the Homeland) has announced, through the introduction of its military code of conduct, that respecting human rights, humanitarian principles, and international standards related to armed conflict is among its core obligations. The Front stated that, under this code, it is committed to observing the four Geneva Conventions and to protecting civilians, prisoners of war, the wounded, journalists, and aid workers, while prohibiting any form of torture, hostage-taking, degradation, or violation of human dignity. In its three-chapter, 20-article code, the Front emphasized that civilians will not be targeted in military operations, that it will support freedom of expression and media activity, and that it considers the protection of journalists and domestic and international humanitarian organizations to be among its responsibilities. It also stated that it will prevent the destruction of public facilities and cultural heritage sites and will hold accountable, before the public and oversight bodies, any of its members found to have violated these principles. Click here to read more (external link).
German minister says Afghan deportations no longer limited to criminals
Amu: Germany will no longer limit deportations to Afghanistan to convicted criminals, Interior Minister Alexander Dobrindt said, signaling a broader policy that could see rejected Afghan asylum seekers returned even if they have no criminal record. The announcement came after Germany deported 31 Afghan nationals on a charter flight to Afghanistan. German authorities said 30 of those deported had criminal convictions, while one was returned despite having no criminal record. The deportations have also drawn criticism from migration and human rights experts. Click here to read more (external link).
More Afghan refugee / Migrant News
Tolo News in Dari – July 29, 2026
Paryan Residents in Panjshir: Our Agricultural Land Has Fallen Victim to Taliban Road Construction for Military Purposes
8am: Several residents of Paryan district in Panjshir province say that the Taliban have used their agricultural land, without their consent, to build roads leading to the Taliban’s military posts. They add that during the construction of these roads, parts of agricultural land, public streams, and irrigation channels that supplied water to residents’ farmland have been destroyed. According to them, as a result of the destruction of these streams and irrigation channels, several farmers have been unable to irrigate their land, and their crops are at risk of drying up and being destroyed. Residents also say that the Taliban have routed these roads through agricultural land in the villages of Shalakcha, Jashta, Kojan, Qala, and Kohsar in Paryan district. They claim that anyone who objects to this action is beaten by Taliban forces. Click here to read more (external link).
Afghanistan futsal team heads to Thailand for Continental Championship

Ariana: According to the Afghanistan Football Federation, the tournament will be held from August 1–6 and will feature Afghanistan, Thailand, Russia, Vietnam, and New Zealand. Afghanistan will kick off its campaign against host nation Thailand on August 2. Click here to read more (external link).
Other Afghan Sports News
Taliban Assaults Failed In Zebak of Badakhshan, Says AFF
Afghanistan International: The Afghanistan Freedom Front says its forces repelled several Taliban attacks in Zebak district of Badakhshan at around 10pm local time on Monday. The front said its forces launched counterattacks from two directions after repelling the Taliban assaults, forcing Taliban fighters to retreat after suffering casualties. Afghanistan Freedom Front said on Tuesday that five Taliban members were killed and four others wounded in the clashes, while its own forces suffered no casualties. Click here to read more (external link).
Related
Tolo News in Dari – July 28, 2026
