Tolo News: A day after twin inauguration ceremonies were held in Kabul by President Ghani and his rival Abdullah Abdullah, former president Hamid Karzai in a statement called the current situation “concerning” and said it is a consequence of US policies and the US’s “insulting” and “divisive” treatment towards the people of Afghanistan. Karzai says the proof of his claim can be seen in the statement by the US State Dept about the twin inauguration ceremonies in Kabul. Click here to read more (external link).
- Ghani to release at least 1,000 Taliban prisoners this week to secure US endorsement of his inauguration as president.
- U.S. ‘Strongly’ Opposes Creation Of Parallel Afghan Government
- UK welcomes work with Ghani’s gov’t, concerns over parallel administration
- ‘Tremendous Uncertainty’ As Competing Presidential Oaths Plunge Afghanistan Deeper Into Crisis
- UN Congratulates Ashraf Ghani on new office