Ariana: Former President Hamid Karzai who attended the two-day Moscow Talks has called for convening Loya Jirga (Grand Assembly) to resolve the ongoing crisis in the country. Speaking with Russia’s Sputnik News Agency, Karzai hailed Moscow’s role in facilitating the Afghan politicians meeting with the Taliban representatives. Karzai said the outcomes of the Moscow meeting were beyond their expectation and that he hopes that it could lead to lasting peace in his war-torn country. Click here to read more (external link).
- Explainer: Why There Are Two Competing Tracks For Afghan Peace
- MoFA Criticizes “Blacklisted” Taliban’s Trip To Moscow
- Moscow Talks Participant Sees Change In Taliban’s Views
- Afghan Youths Want Bigger Role In Peace
- The US has ruined Afghanistan. It can’t just walk away now
- Great nations don’t quit wars before they prevail