Tolo News: President Ashraf Ghani has reacted to reports on a plan to establish an interim government in the country as part of a peace plan, and said the plan has been outlined outside the country and that it is not applicable in Afghanistan. Addressing a group of youths and activists from the southern provinces at a gathering in the Presidential Palace on Friday evening, Ghani said “Afghans are selecting the president of Afghanistan,” and that “Islamabad, Tehran and Moscow do not hold the right to elect [Afghanistan’s president]”. Click here to read more (external link).
- Islamabad, Tehran, Moscow have no right to select Afghan president: Ghani
- Afghan Govt Won’t Release Anas Haqqani on Pretext of Peace Talks: ARG
- US, Russia to explore options for securing UN travel waivers for Taliban negotiators
- Survey: 90 percent of Afghans prefer peace over election
- Taliban: Progress Expected in Monday’s Talks With US