Ariana: NATO is discussing ways to extend funding for the Afghan forces beyond 2020, the alliance Secretary General said on Wednesday. Speaking at a press conference, the NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg noted that around 3,000 more trainers have been sent to Afghanistan in the past few months, and that discussions are underway to extend funding for the Afghan forces beyond 2020. Click here to read more (external link).
More Security News
- Government to release 269 more Hezb-e-Islami prisoners as per peace accord
- 6 Soldiers, 5 Militants Killed in Two Separate Incidents in West of Afghanistan
- Two Dead in Bombing at Baghlan Voter Registration Centre
- Ghazni Police Chief Reports 1,100 Ghost Soldiers in Police Ranks
- Barmak Tells MPs Taliban Are Unable To Hold On To Districts