Tolo News: Former National Security Advisor and presidential candidate Mohammad Haneef Atmar has confirmed that he will attend the Moscow talks along with other “leaders of the country”, calling it an important step and a starting point for inclusive intra-Afghan negotiations. Former president Hamid Karzai, former vice president Mohammad Yunus Qanuni, former Balkh governor and Jamiat-e-Islami member Atta Mohammad Noor, Jamiat-e-Islami member Mohammad Ismail Khan, second deputy chief executive and Wahday party member Mohammad Mohaqiq, head of National Islamic Front of Afghanistan Sayed Hamid Gailani, former member of Taliban Abdul Salam Zaeef and Zabihullah Mujaddedi, son of former president Sebghatullah Mujaddedi are Afghan politicians who will reportedly attend the meeting. Click here to read more (external link).
- Atmar Calls Moscow Summit as ‘Important Step’ Towards Intra-Afghan Dialogue
- Afghan Politicians Will Defend ‘National Values’ At Moscow Talks
- Iran reiterates support for Afghanistan peace process led by govt.
- Ghani Says Temporary Peace Not Acceptable
- Afghanistan peace ‘not going to be an easy process’: US official