KABUL, July 20 (Xinhua) — One militant was killed and 12 others detained during a special operation in Afghanistan’s eastern province of Parwan overnight, the Afghan Defense Ministry said on Wednesday.
“The personnel of Afghan army’s 201 Selaab Corps conducted a night operation in Qalacha locality of Parwan province last night. As a result one armed militant was killed and 12 others detained,” the ministry said in a statement.
The security force also seized weapons and ammunition after the raid, the statement said, adding that no member of the security force or civilian was hurt during the operation.
The Taliban-led attacks and violence has declined over the recent weeks as Afghan security forces have beefed up security operations and NATO-led forces increased drone strikes against militants across the country.
Other Security News
- Casualties feared as blast hits school in northern Afghan province
- Taliban Takes Control Of Large Swathe Of Kunduz’s Qala-e-Zal
- Key Taliban commander killed during a clash in Ghazni province
- Taliban’s expert bomb-maker killed in Helmand airstrike
- 28 ISIS loyalists killed during operations in East of Afghanistan