Tolo News: The Ministry of Public Health on Wednesday reported 63 new positive cases of COVID-19 out of 2,014 samples tested in the last 24 hours. The ministry reported that the cumulative total of known COVID-19 cases is 56,517, the total number of reported deaths is 2,489, and the total number of recoveries is 51,550.
Tolo News: The Afghan Ministry of Refugees and Repatriation on Tuesday said that up to 200 Afghan refugees are being sent back to Afghanistan from Turkey on daily basis. Noor Rahman Akhlaqi, minister of Refugee and Repatriation said that the Taliban is the main source of displacement of the people and that tens of thousands
Delbar and her family of eight fled war in Afghanistan’s Faryab Province almost a year ago and their home district is currently under the control of Taliban militants. They now live in tents in the snow in the city of Sheberghan in neighboring Jawzjan Province and say they don’t have enough food. Officials say
Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty July 30, 2020 The United Nations says that more than 100,000 people fled conflict inside Afghanistan’s borders so far this year amid continued violence, despite an agreement between the United States and the Taliban intended to pave the way for intra-Afghan peace talks. The UN Office of Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
Lisa Schlein VOA News December 14, 2019 GENEVA – The UN refugee agency is calling for intensified support for millions of Afghans who remain displaced after more than four decades of war A record-breaking 70.8 million people globally are forcibly displaced by conflict and persecution. Among them are some 4.6 million Afghans. More than half
Doctors Without Borders: Spiking summer temperatures in Afghanistan are threatening some 100,000 displaced people sheltering on the outskirts of the city of Herat. At the same time, humanitarian assistance is being reduced and stores of water are running out. People fled their villages in the provinces of Herat, Faryab, Badghis, and Ghor in northwestern Afghanistan last year during
By RFE/RL’s Radio Free Afghanistan July 5, 2019 More than 2,000 families who had left their villages in eastern Afghanistan amid military operations and militant attacks have returned home as the security situation improved, local authorities in the province of Nangarhar say. Ataullah Khogyani, a spokesman for the governor of Nangarhar, told RFE/RL that the
Al Jazeera: Conflict has displaced millions of Afghans, many of whom have lived in squalid camps for decades, and face the threat of eviction. But the government has embarked on an ambitious project across several provinces which aims to properly house and register them. Al Jazeera’s Charlotte Bellis reports from Jalalabad.
By RFE/RL’s Radio Free Afghanistan | January 16, 2019: Thousands of families, who have fled fighting in Afghanistan’s northern province of Faryab, are struggling to find shelter in the neighboring province of Jawzjan. They say up to 20 families are being squeezed into each classroom at a local school. Copyright (c) 2019. RFE/RL, Inc. Reprinted with
Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty: After millions have been displaced by conflicts in Afghanistan, hundreds of thousands more now face a life-threatening drought.