MAZAR-I-SHARIF, Afghanistan, Feb. 8 (Xinhua)– At least 18 army personnel were wounded in a blast as a bomb targeted an Afghan army bus in the country’s northern province of Balkh on Monday morning, police said.
“The stricken minibus was running near army Corps 209 Shaheen in southwestern outskirts of provincial capital. The blast caused 18 army personnel aboard the vehicle wounded,” deputy provincial police chief Abdul Rizaaq told Xinhua.
More details would be made public later as investigation is going on, the source added.
The blast caused a plume of grey smoke to rise above the scene.
The injured were shifted to an army hospital in Shaheen Corps.
The nature of the blast was a suicide car bombing, according to unofficial sources.
So far, no one has claimed responsibility for the attack, but the Taliban militant group has launched similar attacks in the past.
Other Security News