KABUL, July 3 (Xinhua) — Clash between security forces and Taliban militants have left nine militants dead and a dozen others injured in the northern Saripul and Faryab provinces over the past 24 hours, an army spokesman in the northern region, Nasratullah Jamshidi, said Sunday.
According to the official, four militants including a group commanders have been killed in Sayad district of Saripul district and five more insurgents lost their lives in Qaisar district of Faryab province respectively.
A total of 12 militants sustained injuries in the skirmishes which have been continuing in parts of the said districts.
The official however declined to comment on the possible casualties of security personnel.
Other Security News
- US drone raid kills 14 in eastern Afghanistan
- Top security officials investigated for deadly Kabul attack
- Afghan forces recapture security posts in Wardak province
- Taliban’s Eid attack plot foiled in Balkh, bomb making factory busted
- ISIS execute three alleged Taliban fighters in Nangarhar
- 20 militants give up fighting in northern Afghan province