Tolo News: Addressing an event in Mazar-e-Sharif on Sunday, Noor accused Hekmatyar of not acknowledging government despite having signed a peace accord. Balkh governor Atta Mohammad Noor on Sunday warned the central government not to conspire against him and said he would respond to those at the Presidential Palace if such moves are not stopped. He
Ayesha Tanzeem VOA News August 26, 2017 Afghan officials raised the death toll from a suicide attack on a Shi’ite mosque in Kabul Friday to at least 28 people.More than 50 others were wounded during Friday prayers. Women, children and two police officers were among the victims. Mourners gathered Saturday to bury the dead inside
Press TV August 25, 2017 A bomber has set off his explosives at a Shia mosque in the Afghan capital, Kabul, and other assailants have stormed the building, killing at least 20 people. The Daesh Takfiri terrorist group claimed responsibility for the attack that took place when many Muslim worshipers had gathered at the mosque for Friday
Tolo News: Chief Executive Abdullah Abdullah on Monday said the recent statement by Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, the Hizb-e-Islami leader, about Afghanistan’s National Hero Ahmad Shah Massoud are rooted from a reprisal and that those remarks will not affect the status of the country’s martyrs. Abdullah said that Hekmatyar was seeking fame by making such ‘false allegations’.
Press TV / August 20, 2017 An investigation team of the United Nations has confirmed that the Taliban and Daesh terrorist groups jointly massacred dozens of people, mostly Shia Hazaras, in an attack that “may amount to a war crime” in a remote northern village in Afghanistan earlier this month. Investigators of the UN Assistance
Reuters: Atta Mohammad Noor, the governor of Balkh province, denies an accusation by provincial council member Asef Mohmand that Noor and his sons abducted him from the Mazar-i-Sharif airport and then assaulted him. Mohmand told reporters one of Noor’s son bit off part of his ear during the beating. A spokesman for Noor called Mohmand’s story
SARI PUL, Afghanistan, Aug. 16 (Xinhua) — Local Afghans and security forces discovered around 40 bodies in a mass grave in the northern Sari Pul province on Tuesday amid government forces’ cleanup operations in the troubled region. Militants loyal to the Islamic State (IS) group and Taliban outfit have reportedly massacred more than 50 people,
Tolo News: Three massive graves containing dozens of bodies have been found in Mirza Olang valley in northern Sar-e-Pul province following a coordinated attack by militants in the area last week. TOLO news reporter Samim Faramarz says that according to residents, the majority of those buried in these graves were civilians and some of them members
AP: Extremism worsened after the 2001 invasion of Afghanistan by a U.S.-led coalition… The tribal regions were gradually overtaken by Taliban and in 2013 several Sikhs were killed, their limbs severed. The brutality of the killings and the threats sent thousands fleeing Pakistan. Click here to read more (external link).
Press TV August 9, 2017 Reports say the death toll from a Taliban attack on a remote Shia village in northern Afghanistan has risen to 60. The civilians, including women and children, were massacred during an attack on the Mirza Olang Village in the northern Sar-e Pol Province overnight Sunday. A number of Afghan security